Sunday, July 16, 2006

Xbox Musicfest Extravaganza

After buying my Xbox at a pawn shop, and ordering the Xenium mod-chip off the internet, and tearing the whole thing apart to install the mod-chip and a big honkin' hard drive (250 Gb) - and then getting it all to work again - I am finally ticking another item off my to-do list by transferring all my mp3 files from my various computers over to the Xbox. The first batch went well last night but it appears that I pulled some CDs in at different bit-rates and "recording levels" than others, so the volume and quality is not consistent from song to song when randomized. As I continue to inventory the CD collection I will reload the good stuff now that I have a central location for my music storage.
I still need to connect with my cousin to get the CD inventory web database migrated to a new location and to clean up the numbering protocol (or naming convention, eh Joe?). If we can get things together I'll post a link to the database so you can browse the inventory. NOTE: this is not an inventory of online tunes that can be obtained illegally over the internet, this is a list of the physical collection being held in trust from my Father-in-law's estate. It is an impressive collection and I want to inventory it just out of interest.
Next step on the audio front is to get myself one of those FM transmitters and put "Simpig Radio" on the air! I figure if I keep the antenna in the basement it should limit the coverage to my house and yard and avoid interfering with any "real" radio stations.
Of course, I spoke too soon, the latest transfer has locked up... gotta go give it a kick...

No comments: