Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Slowing down...

My blog is starting to get a little bare... Been busy at home and at work and just not enough time to do all the things that I want to do. As well, I don't think all of my mobile blogs are making it through, seems I had sent more than are waiting in the queue...I'll have to double-check, I certainly wouldn't want to miss anything!!!

One of the outstanding to-do items has been to convert my music files all to mp3 format with the same bit-rate quality. I won't go into why I want to do this, it has to do with limitations with some of my mp3 playing tools. I had intended to use Real Player to do this, but it doesn't work on my computer (another story that isn't worth telling). So I finally looked around a bit and found some freeware called Express Rip that seems to do a great job at a) reformatting to mp3 format, and b) re-formatting to a defined bit-rate, regardless of the current bit-rate. This is available from lots of places, and so far good results (although there seems to be some renaming going on that I now need to fix, but not too extensive). So everything is starting to come together. With the addition of the FM transmitter I will be "done" this project. Looking forward to it...

No comments: