Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Got the water pump rewired...

Installed a plug in-line with the water pump so I can switch between having it plugged into the main power or a generator (basically a low-tech transfer switch, cuz I couldn't find an actual transfer switch). Problem is that the pump doesn't run off the generator. I know the generator pumps out enough power, I think the power is just so 'dirty' that the pump controller doesn't work properly. Could be my wiring but was pretty simple wiring and there's no way for me to test it - cuz the power is off... I've tried 'cleaning' the power through one of my small backup power boxes, but it doesn't have enough juice - the water pump needs 6.5A startup and 4.8A to run, but my little box only puts out 4.2A... So called Dad and asked for him to check the PowerHub for me again...

No comments: