Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Fun with Ads

The ads that are placed on this site are from Google's Adsense service. I added the ads more out of interest around how the service works than anything else. One of the selling points is that the service apparently sifts through the blog and posts ads that are relevant to the blog content - sounds neat, but it has created an interesting sideline for me - watching to see what the Adsense robots believe that my blog is about! Imagine my surprise when I noticed ads for ways to rid yourself of yeast infections... Where did that come from?! Anyway, instead of just ignoring the ads - like I usually do, I now check them out to see if I can figure out how they became associated with my blog. Google should advertise how their advertising works since it is interesting to see the results (even if the ads aren't that interesting).

No comments: