Saturday, August 26, 2006

Another Convert to Hybrid Vehicle Technology

Just heard that a friend of mine, Jeff, bought a new Toyota Camry Hybrid - excellent! I won't be the only hybrid driver among my friends any more. Our Jetta is beginning to act up (Sharon says "can you say lemon?") So we are now looking for a new car - good timing on getting the mortgage paid... I am hoping to talk her into getting a hybrid also - maybe one of the Toyotas since they have a good variety. I want to look into the new Honda Hybrids also, just haven't had time.
I read an interesting article the other day about a type of mechanical hybrid for large vehicles like garbage trucks - basically uses the energy from braking and going down hills to compress nitrogen gas, then using the compressed gas to turn the back wheels when accelerating from a stop. Good idea!

No comments: