Friday, August 25, 2006

Another Chippy...

I've lost count of how many chipmunks I have relocated, but here is my counter if you are interested. Hoping to get the nest cleaned out of the attic and the hole repaired this long weekend - going to need about 30' of scaffolding to get where I need to get because it is all up under the eaves on the side of the house where there is a hill. Once cleaned and repaired I will keep capturing and relocating squirrels and chipmunks for the rest of this year and then hope that the attracting smells and interest in the attic will be gone by next spring. They are certainly cute to have around, but very destructive if they get into the house! I should be keeping tabs on the costs for all this - the cost of the traps, the scaffolding rental, the new insulation required, etc. It will likely be around $1,000 in repairs before I'm done - now I'm depressed, maybe I shouldn't add it up...

No comments: