Thursday, August 10, 2006

92.5JackFM Prize Website Suggestion

The current prize selection list from the Jack radio website is sad. The prizes that you can "purchase" with your Jack-points are very limited and are awarded on a first-come-first-serve basis, so most items are either "sold out" or "coming soon". Assuming that the intent of this website is to drive hits to use to show advertisers how many people listen to Jack Radio, I suggest that the "Jackstore" be run more like an auction instead. Products would be available longer driving more repeat visits by people like me who want to see if their bid will get them the prize. It also allows for people to try to collect more points during the auction to try and out bid someone who may have more points. Just a suggestion - since the current setup is more annoying than anything else.

Also, what's the deal with making me pickup the items in person in downtown Toronto? If something was actually available that I was interested in "buying" with my points, I would likely not bother since it would be a pain to get to the office to pick it up. If we are talking about something like a CD or DVD, why can't this be mailed to me? I don't think it would cost more than $2 for the postage...

No comments: