Monday, October 09, 2006

Barbados - Departure Day

I'm going to miss the warmth and the water...but I am looking forward to being home. The Hilton is very nice and the staff are very friendly and helpful - no complaints at all. Note that the items stocked in the bar fridge in the room are available in the convenience store in the lobby for half the cost - so you can have the convenience of using the in-room bar fridge without the excessive cost as long as you remember to restock the fridge each day before the maids arrive to makeup the room.

The food at the Lighthouse Terrace is good and we have eaten there most meals - mainly since they aren't a lot of other places around. The sun has been going down at about 6-7pm so unless you want to walk around in an industrial type area in the dark - your choices are limited - unless you take a cab everywhere.

I got to the airport and of course I forgot about the departure tax... I had been good and had used up almost all of the Barbados and US dollars, and then suddenly needed BD$25 more...over to a bank machine in the airport to withdraw BD$40 (since need BD$25 and machine only gives 20's) - so I now have BD$15 in my wallet, and will have for months...

The flight back was good. The little airplane on the TV display screen showed that we were traveling at 800 km/h as we started flying over the US and the outside temperature was -58 degrees C at 37,000 feet, just out of interest... Good to be home and have Dad waiting for me at the airport.

No comments: