Saturday, September 18, 2010

Stone Lamp and Gate Posts

So the lamp posts at the end of the driveway are starting to fall apart - the brick appears to be disintegrating for some reason. I dug into the crumbling mess and it appears that the inside of the post is filled with loose bricks and then the cement cap was poured on top of these. I've been putting off the replacement of the posts because finding good people for this kind of thing is always a pain, but then we stumbled upon a modular stone pillar/post system by a company called Anker Pillar Systems while paging through a local newspaper. This looks very doable, and since I already have the foundations from my existing pillars, this should work fairly well! It also appears that these can be used as gate posts if the center hole is filled with cement and rebar after its built - bonus! I think this might be a project for next spring....!

No comments: