Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Integrity in politicians

I'm not so much a "git 'er done" kinda guy as I am a "do the right thing/do it right" kinda guy. These are not necessarily mutually exclusive, but it is hard to find that balance to "git 'er done right". That said, I'm a little concerned about a politician willing to "git around" the law....
In our area there is a by-law that says you are not allowed to post signs on the shoulders of the main roads - I learned this after losing my garage sale signs one Saturday morning. I assume this law is in place for safety reasons(?). So I'm not sure how I feel about voting for someone who has political campaign signs in the back of a truck parked on the side of the road, with a guy standing on the shoulder also holding a sign.
Do I really want someone in office who is willing to go around the law for personal/professional gain?

No comments: