Sunday, September 19, 2010

MP3 Player Playlist Suggestion

I must not be a normal person. My friends will immediately agree with this, but I'm saying it for a different reason... Almost all MP3 players and computer-based music programs allow the creation of playlists, but none that I have found allow songs to be added to these playlists while the song is playing, or allow adding a song to multiple lists. From what I can see, if I load a CD into my music archive, I need to immediately assign each song to a single playlist after loading or at some point while my MP3 player is connected to the computer - which I think is kinda stupid.
My suggestion:
- create multiple playlists by music type or listening pattern (ie. driving tunes, quite Sunday morning tunes, dinner background tunes, etc)
- load all the songs from the CD into the computer/MP3 player
- allow the user to select playlists to associate to the song while the song is playing

Scenario is this: load 1 or several CDs onto the MP3 player, listen to the songs however you like (I prefer shuffling everything), while listening to each song, tag it to all of the playlists you want, go to next song....after a while, all the songs are categorized and you can then listen by category. Oh, and be sure to create a "Delete" playlist so that you can flag a song for removal from the library next time you are doing list admin.

No comments: