Sunday, July 01, 2007

Bathroom Remodel Update - Electrical Snag

Spend the last 2 days in the attic doing wiring for the bathroom. Trying to get a new light over the vanity and another in the shower connected to one switch, and a new fan connected to a timer. Got everything connected and...nothing. BUT before tearing it all apart I remembered that everything is running through a GFI plug - went back into the attic and hit the reset - and got something... The light over the vanity works, but nothing in the shower and the fan doesn't work. Upon further investigation I have found that the fan timer I bought requires connection to the neutral line as well as to the hot wire - but I've setup the wiring in such a way that only allows the timer to connect in line with the hot wire... SO, need to get another model of timer to make the fan work, and hoping that the shower light is just a bad bulb (but can't check since only temp install and still in the attic). I'll get a new timer tomorrow and change the bulb - and I am confident (honest) that it will work....

But, GETTING VERY CLOSE!!!!

No comments: