Friday, June 29, 2007

Movie Review: Deja Vu

We watched Deja Vu last night and I liked it quite a bit. The idea reminded me of some thoughts I had back in high school about time travel and thinking that traveling faster than light may not take you back in time but might allow you to see back in time (at least within a certain time period). Also seemed to touch on the "observer effect" - which I think learned about as either the "Hawthorne Effect" or the "Heisenburg Principle" which basically says that the act of observing something changes the possible outcomes, so you are never really observing what is really happening.
Anyway, I think I liked the movie because it got me thinking about some of these things - it stimulated a few brain cells that have been dormant for a while.... I liked it... On a side note I'm thinking of taking the Hawthorne Effect to work and putting it into practice... ;)

No comments: